Quote...

goldenEye64.blogspot.com

Search This Blog

5/1/24

00 Agent Facility in 1:54 - ZERO DAMAGE!

I AM INVINCIBLE! (And Apparently Bulletproof)

Managed to do the unthinkable.
Cleared the 00 Agent Facility in GoldenEye 007 without taking so much as a scratch.
Still with perfect health, finishing within the Target Time.



 

Absolutely incredible. Couldn't believe it.
How on earth was this even possible?


Whoa.

"I'm not the one. I'm just a regular guy."





 

No Damage Clear

Wasn't even consciously aware that my health was full.
Knew I had done well, but it wasn't until pausing to access the Door Decoder that I realized my health meter was fully intact.



 

Perfect Bond Indeed...

With practice, I've been able to make it upstairs to the lab in excellent health.
On this particular run, Doak was in the side lab. No good for setting a new personal best time, but still needing some practice in the Bottling Room, I'm always up for it.




Half of Everything is Luck...

Ducked in to start the conversation with Dr. Doak and one of the Russian Soldiers pulls a grenade in the hallway.

Wipes out all of his comrades (without more than 2 Non-Military Personnel).
(Have FAILED the mission many times because of guards killing Scientists!)

Suddenly surrounded by silence, I proceed to waltz right out like I own the place.
Doesn't even feel like it really happened.
Somehow, it made me put down the controller, walk away and reflect...

Like something out of Pulp Fiction...
Sam Jackson wonders how the hell he didn't get shot and killed by those motherfuckers.



 

Other Factors:

It was on console, not the ROM.
Recently started using the technique of a tiny piece of paper on the screen to aim while running.
Nailed a few crucial guards with perfect headshots using the Silenced PP7.

Had just hit new best times for the Facility on Agent, Secret Agent, and 00 Agent.
Hit a new personal record for 00 Agent Facility just hours earlier.

Without a doubt, I've never been this good at GoldenEye before. Hadn't played in ten years.
After three months of practice, definitely in the zone.

Of course I'm nowhere near as good as the best players in the world.
Still, it's an unforgettable GoldenEye moment that I was lucky enough to achieve.

 

Took a break after several dozen runs in the afternoon. Picked it up in the evening, and it happened several attempts in. Had also gone for a nice long relaxing nature walk before dark.

Also cranked down the music - Which I still enjoy, and somehow am not sick of yet...
But it is a bit of a distraction, and I'd rather be in tune with the SFX.

And finally, just switched up to a (slightly) better N64 controller.


 

Also realized that it was on my original GoldenEye 007 game cart - So worn out that it won't load if fully inserted. Definitely has sentimental value.






For the actual strategy pages, see Blog Posts:
"Speedrun For Invincible" and "Earning Invincible - It's Infuriating!".









Guard Characters in Multiplayer...

Russian Soldier, Russian Infantry, Russian Commandant, Janus Marine Naval Officer, Civilian (1), Civilian (2), Civilian (3) Civilian (4), Si...